Whether you ae a keen photographer or just a Smart Phone Snapper, there are prizes to be won in a competiton to help provide funds for cash-strapped rural community halls. The competition, sponsored by Allied Westminster Insurance Services, is designed to champion and emphasise the vital role that halls play in strengthening rural communities. The top prize is £1,000 to the winner's own village hall and £500 to the photographer. So worth entering.
To alert village communities and their halls, Allied Westminster have teamed up with various charity organisations (ACRE, Plunkett Foundation, and 30+ Regional Community Councils) to spread word to parishes, villages and halls which don’t have a social media presence and are not in regular communication with other organisations.
Here are the key points about the ‘Wonderful Villages’ Photo Competition:
- Top prize is £1,000 to the community hall and £500 to the photographer.
- Theme: ‘Village Life - a photo which characterises the value of community in your village’. (This is not about ‘pretty villages’ or professional photography, but rather capturing the essence of ‘community’ in a village.)
- It’s open to all rural halls. No fee to enter. Halls can enter as many photos as they wish.
- Entrants can nominate any rural hall they wish. It doesn’t have to be one that is local to them.
- Closing date is 15/3/20
- Details and rules are available fromhttps://villagehallsurvey.com/survey/photo-competition
- Over a hundred entries have been received already, with some very touching photos showing great community bonds. Please encourage villagers to vote for the best photos from other communities in order to help the judges. https://villagehallsurvey.com/survey/photo-competition/photo-gallery
If anyone chooses to enter, why not submit your entry for use on our website too. New pictures are always welcome.